[Sisuite-devel] SystemImager on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64
g***@free.fr
2012-12-17 13:41:09 UTC
Hi all,

I did a "port" of SystemImager to Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 since i was facing quite a few challenges with the latest unstable tag. This port is based on the 4.1.6 unstable tag (that version was selected for different reasons that i cannot explain here) and is based on a 3.2 kernel.

I tested it in the context of OSCAR (http://oscar.openclustergroup.org/) and successfully deployed a cluster. However, i will not claim that my modifications are all clean, i took a few short-cuts; nothing was difficult in that port but it was time consuming and my time available for that port was very limited. Anyway the code is on bitbucket, feel free to clone:

https://bitbucket.org/gvallee/systemimager-4.1.6-ubuntuprecise

The Debian packages are here:

deb http://bison.csm.ornl.gov/repos/unstable/debian-6-x86_64/ squeeze /

(even if the URL says Debian 6, the Debian packages were actually created on and for Ubuntu 12.04).

Regards,
Brian Elliott Finley
2012-12-18 18:35:52 UTC
Thanks, Geoffroy!

[...]